Casual Circulation Assistant
Logan City Council
Logan Central, QLD
We’re a highly customer focused team who are passionate about the role our public libraries play in the community. We support a Council network of nine branch libraries by providing exceptional customer service to all our library customers. We truly love to include and welcome the unique contributions from all of our people. We harness a team culture that embraces honesty, shared goals and a willingness to help.
Things we’ll trust you with
- You'll provide exceptional customer service in an ever-changing environment.
- You’ll take ownership of shelving and the checking in and out of library items at any/all of our nine branch libraries.
- You’ll support library programs, activities and promotions as required.
- You’ll contribute to the effectiveness of our workplace by participating in team and individual activities such as planning, development and performance evaluation.
Things you’ll be proud of
- The personal satisfaction of making a direct and positive impact on the Logan community
- Being part of a forward thinking library team
- No two days are the same - working across our nine sites you will be exposed to a wide variety of work and opportunities.
- You’ll be an agent of empowerment within our organisation
- A Casual role within a flexible and supportive environment
- $35/hour (Includes casual loading)
- Free on-site parking
The boxes you’ll tick
- Literacy and general education standards as associated with secondary school leaving levels and/or commercial training complimented by relevant work experience (library or customer service experience highly regarded).
- Demonstrated digital literacy skills including experience using smart devices, computers, the internet, software applications and a capacity to assist customers in the use of library digital resources.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as part of a team using excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed customer service skills.
- Our values resonate with you – community first, our people, excellence, leadership and integrity
So what are you waiting for….apply now before the role closes on Tuesday 28 January 2020.
Need a little more convincing? Take a look at the position description at the top of the page or if viewing on Seek, click HERE or if you’d like some more information about the role give our hiring manager, Susan Page (Acting Library Client Services Program Leader) a call on (07) 3412 4762.
We’re social! - connect with us at #lccjobs through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
Head along to Logan City Council Careers to discover more about us
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: